These preferences are global and affect all profiles within your TracCloud instance. The System Preferences tab contains basic information about your campus and a couple default values that profiles can fall back to if needed.
- This is the campus name for your Trac System. Appears in the top-right corner of your dashboard and will be used as the contact name for emails sent from the Trac System.
- Effectively a fallback email address. If an email needs to be sent, but the account/profile doesn’t have an email address configured, this will be used instead.
- Determines the phrasing of clients in TracCloud, “Student,” “Tutee,” “Client,” etc.
- Determines the color of your navigation bar and accent colors, allowing you to match the color-scheme to your campus website. Clicking on these fields also brings up an interactive color picker if you don’t have the hex value available.
- Upload your campus logo here. This will display faded into the background of TracCloud.
- This is where you can specify the withdrawn/dropped statuses for student enrollments. During the import process, if a student’s registration grade contains one of these codes, the enrollment will be deactivated.
- This is the opposite of Withdraw Codes. Any values entered here will be set to active during the import process.
- Determines if the withdraw code is calculated based on Grade or the Registration Status field.
- Deactivate when not imported
- Deactivates registrations in the event that they’re not found in the most recent import file.
- These statuses are used when a profile doesn’t already have appointment statuses defined.
- Cancellation reasons a student can choose from
- This is a preset list of cancellation reasons a student can choose from, in addition to the standard text field.
- Student cancellation reason required
- If checked, a student will not be able to cancel without providing a reason (written or from the preset list above).
- Appointments that are deleted are changed to this status automatically.
- Calc Missed Appointments Since
- Calculate total missed appointments since this date, used for blocking students from booking appointments if they’ve excessively missed past sessions. This preference is only used if the profile doesn’t already have a Calc Missed Appointments Since value defined (Profile Prefs > Scheduling).
- When an appointment/availability is designated as Online, you’re provided the option of choosing a URL for the appointment to take place in. This would typically be the staff member’s assigned static link (found in their profile), but you can also have a few preset options as defined in this field. A staff member selecting one of these options can then easily swap out the “SESSIONID” with their actual session ID.
- “Whiteboard” is used for our Whiteboard module and shouldn’t be changed if the module is in use. Reset to Default Values can be used to quickly return to the values seen in the screenshot above.
- Text to display when appointment is NOT online
- Text entered here is displayed within appointment records (to both students and staff) if an appointment is in-person. This text is entirely hidden if the appointment is online.
- Keep physical Location for online visits (not recommended)
- If checked, for online optional availabilities, when a student attends an online session, the in-person location will carry through to the visit record rather than the online location. This option is almost always disabled except for very specific use-cases.
- Default start time on calendar and number of hours to show on calendar
- This allows you to set default visible calendar hours for new staff accounts. This can be overridden by individual staff accounts setting their own calendar time.
- Default sticky drag minutes
- When you click and drag an availability/appointment on the staff schedule, it will snap to 15-minute increments by default. This is so you don't end up with availabilities running from 9:01 to 9:56am, for example. This preference allows you to change those increments. Start time minutes affects your initial click (before you start dragging the time slot), while Duration minutes affects the length of the block that you create.
- Allow students to see cancelled appointments on dashboard
- Cancelled appointments are not shown to students in their Upcoming Appointments menu by default. Enabling this option changes that, including cancelled appointments in the list. If enabled, you will need to make an adjustment to your Upcoming Appointment Preferences as described, otherwise there will be no visual difference between an upcoming and a cancelled appointment.
- Default view for students/consultants on dashboard
- Both of these user types can view their upcoming and past appointments on the main menu. This option determines the default setting of this widget, showing the current day's appointments, the week, or list (which allows them to continuously load future appointments). Regardless of which option is chosen, users will still be able to manually choose any of these three options.
- Lock Course Lists to Consultants
- This effectively puts all Course Lists in a "Lock to SysAdmin [or other staff admin]" state, preventing Consultant-type accounts from making further changes.
- Allow Consultant Time Check on Dashboard
- Allows staff members to view a Time Check-style menu on their dashboard, showing a quick summary of their recent work visits. If enabled, you can also choose the number of weeks shown in the Time Check window.
- Activate Consultant Enter Notes on Work Visit Log Out
- If checked, consultants will see a pop-up asking them to enter notes when they log out of their work visits.
- If your Profile is set to use Consultant Alias rather than full name, this preference determines the format of that Alias. The default value of 'Use Consultant Alias Field' will use each consultant's personal 'Alias' field contents, or generic 'Consultant' phrasing if blank. You can also use other automatically generated options, such as First Name Only, First Initial Last Name, etc.
- (First Name Last Initial pictured below)
- Activate Location Filtering
- This enables a search bar on the 'All Staff' Schedule that allows you to filter visible Consultants by their assigned in-person location.
- Activate Save And Split button for Availabilities
- Adds a new option on Availability Entry allowing you to split your single block (e.g., 9 to 12, 60 minute times slots) into multiple blocks (9 to 10, 10 to 11, 11 to 12). This is typically left disabled unless you specifically need to manage individual time slots after creating your schedules. If this option is enabled, Show warning message regarding this feature not recommend will display a warning pop-up every time someone uses this utility to confirm their choice.
- Registration Listing Custom Fields
- If a Custom Field is selected here, it will be displayed as an additional column on the Registrations Listing and Student Registrations pages. This is typically used for custom fields like midterm grade.