From Redrock Wiki
One of the most common questions we get during trainings is “What will this look like for students?”. This can vary based on group permissions and system configuration, but this newsletter will show a typical dashboard for reference. Once a student logs into the system (typically with their campus credentials), they will be presented with a view that is more restricted in comparison to a faculty or staff dashboard.
1. Your custom welcome message, created with HTML as well as Twig to personalize the message. The welcome message not only provides additional text information and written instructions, but can also include links to other resources, images, and videos. Moreover, it may even display contact details such as a phone number or email address for support. Details on customizing your welcome message can be found here.
2. The student's upcoming appointments will be found here, including essential details related to their appointment, such as the center, consultant, reason and subject, whether it's in-person or online, and the date/time. The exact contents of this box can be customized with both Twig and HTML as detailed here.
3. Students are typically allowed to search for and book appointments for themselves as well, in which case they will have access to the search availability widget(s) for the profile(s) they have access to. More information on searching for and booking appointments, click here. For more information on configuring the search availability widgets themselves, click here.
4. If students are allowed to view their own visit history, they will have this tab available. They can filter by date, center, and subject, and even print a list of their own visit records. This widget can be enabled from your global preferences, detailed here.
5. This field carries a couple extra utilities for students. One is confirm bio, allowing students to update information in their profile if configured. The other, "Calendar URL," provides a URL that students can import into their personal calendar to track their own appointments. This is enabled by default.
Other utilities that can appear on student dashboards include success plans, outstanding surveys, documents, asynchronous appointments, time check, and announcements. Using these hyperlinks, you can take a look at what other utilities and services you can offer for your students.