Click to view the server/installation settings.
How to page
The Log In\Out preferences deal with logging students in and out. Preferences deal with what is displayed on the log in\out screens and terminating visits.
- Choose Consultant on Logout allows you to choose the consultant the student met with when you log the student out.
- Ask for Subject when logging in a student you will be asked to choose a subject. The # of choices is the amount of subjects that will show in the window before you need to scroll down to see the other choices.
- Ask for Reason when logging in a student you will be asked to choose a reason. The # of choices is the amount of reasons that will show in the window before you need to scroll down to see the other reasons.
- Delay for welcome/goodbye messages removes the need to press continue after you log in a student. It will show the welcome/goodbye screen for the amount of time you specify. The first number is the time in seconds for the welcome message to show and the second number is for the goodbye screen.
- Delay for log listing refresh Sets the amount of time between automatic refreshes of the log listing.
- Auto Terminate visits will terminate a student's visit after the specified amount of time if the student doesn't log out or forgets to. The second number you input is the amount of time you want a terminated appointment to be recorded as. For example, if your first number is 120 minutes and your second number is 60 minutes, then if a student forgets to log out that student will be logged out automatically after 3 hours, and the recorded appointment time will be 60 minutes.
- Allow terminate on log list places the terminate button on the log listing. If you specify an amount of time, the visit will be logged for that amount of time when you terminate the visit.
- Display subject in Log List displays the student's course subject on the log listing. To have this feature work, courses must have names given to them.
- Display reason in Log List displays the reason of the visit on the log listing.
- Display student ID in Log List causes the student ID to display in the log list.
- Obscure student ID (****) on Log In if checked anything entered into the Log Student entry will be obscured.
- Allow creation when ID not found allows you to create a student if the ID you entered does not match any in your database.
- Instructions on log list:
- Logged In via This determines who logs the students in. You can choose to have the students log themselves or have the staff log the students in. The messages displayed during log in will change depending on who you choose to log students in.
- Logged Out via This determines who logs the students out. You can choose to have the students themselves log out, or have the staff log the students out. The messages displayed during log out will change depending on who you choose to log students out.
- Enter notes on logout This allows the student or staff to enter notes in about the visit upon log out.