| There are two options for blocking students from booking appointments in the Trac System.
Other Scheduling Blocks has three primary functions. Preventing students from booking appointments based on their prior appointment statuses, preventing booking based on their student status, and preventing students from booking consecutive appointments.
Students Max Missed allows you to change the status of a student if they’ve passed a threshold of missed appointments, that status would then prevent them from booking additional appointments until they’ve been excused or the counter has been reset.
In this Newsletter, we’ll be going over the configuration of both these preferences.
Other Scheduling Blocks
Configuring the Preference
Trac Navigation > Search Glass > Center Profiles > [Your Profile] > Prefs > Scheduling > Other Scheduling Blocks.
We have a few preferences available to us:
- Maximum of [X] appts with status = [Status] from MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY
- Two of these preferences are available, so you can have restrictions on more than one status. These do exactly what they say on the tin, prevent the student from booking an appointment if they have more than [Number] [Status] appointments since [Date].
- Prevent booking when student status is [Status].
- This applies to both center and special status.
- Prevent booking for more than [X] consecutive appointmointments same consultant,…
- Prevent [X] number of back-to-back appointments.
- Specifically back-to-back appointments from the same student.
The next time a student goes to book an appointment, the Trac System will check their previous appointments in the specified date range and determine whether or not they have permission to book another one.
Students Max Missed
Configuring the Preference
Go to Trac Navigation > Search Glass > Center Profiles > [Your Profile] > Prefs > Scheduling > Appointment Status & Management. Here, you will find the two relevant preferences.
- Student max missed: [X] appts, since: [MM/DD/YYYY]
- How many appointments since [date] can the student miss before their status is changed.
- Change Center Student Status to:
- If the student has missed [X] appointments, change their center status to [Status] (Inactive, Blocked, etc).
Once you’ve configured these settings, click save.
System Pref: StudentAccess
“Student Max Missed” doesn’t block students from booking appointments in and of itself, it only changes their status. That status is what determines their ability to book an appointment.
Go to Trac Navigation > Trac Man > Utilities and Prefs > System Prefs > StudentAccess.
This will bring you to a menu with several student permission options, but the main field we’re looking for is “Access Based on Status”. Once the student’s status is changed by the above preference, how do their permissions change?
Add your status types, then click on them to change their color. Blank or excluded statuses will default to green, full access.
- Green – Full Access, what students would normally have.
- Red – No Access, the student will be prevented from logging in.
- Blue – No Appointments, the student cannot book appointments, but otherwise have normal access.
- Message for No Appt Students – If you set their status to “no appointments”, you can create a custom message that appears on these students’ home screen, as seen in the above screenshot.
Click save once you’ve configured this to your liking.
And you’re all set. The Trac System runs a nightly process that checks appointment statuses to determine if any permissions need to be changed.
To reset missed appointments, for a new semester or otherwise, see our Newsletter on this topic here
We hope that you find this newsletter helpful and as always if you have any questions on this or any other features, please feel free to let us know by going to https://helpdesk.go-redrock.com and submitting a ticket.
Thank you for your continued support!