Due to how the Trac System keeps track of remote tutoring visits, this is not possible without limitations. When the "Join Online Session" link is clicked by the student, the Trac System creates a visit record and marks their appointment as attended. If the link is sent in an email, it would not be possible for the Trac System to know when the link is clicked.
We do have a workaround available for including these links in the confirmation email, but the downside is that consultants/admins will need to either log the student in/out for the visit, or create a quick visit after the fact. If you're okay with this limitation, simply follow the instructions below:
These options can be found by going to Trac Navigation > Search Glass > Center Profiles > [Your Profile]
- 1. Click on the "Consutlants/Tutors/Advisors" tab, and select a consultant.
- 2. (copy their online link from the "General Info" tab and) click on the "Contact Info" tab.
- 3. Paste their online link in the "Notes 2" field and save.
- 4. Click on the "Prefs" tab > "Emails" > "Student reminder email"
- 5. Add the email tag "#tutorNotes#" and save.
Whatever is contained in the consultant's "Notes 2" box will be placed here in the email. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each consultant.
Here's what our example email would look like: